Understand Your HVAC System
HVAC heating systems can often be complicated or confusing to homeowners. However, understanding how your heating systems operates within your home can help you better maintain your system and identify any problems that may occur. One of the best ways to become familiar with your HVAC system is to learn about its various components, which is why we've compiled a list to help.
Every type of HVAC heating system has a heating source. Depending on your system, however, these heating sources may be different. Here are the most common types of heat sources and how they work:
• Furnace: A furnace is the main heat source for forced-a ir systems. Furnaces heat air and then distribute the heated air, with the help of a blower motor.
• Boiler: Used in hot water systems, boilers heat large amounts of water to be later distributed throughout the home.
• Heat pump: These pumps heat homes by pulling the heat from the surrounding air and pumping it throughout the home.
The HVAC Heating Distribution Systems
The heat generated from the main heating sources within a system need to be circulated throughout a home, in order to properly heat all of its rooms. Here are the most common types of HVAC heating distribution systems:
• Ducts, vents and registers: In forced-air and heat pump systems, heated air travels from the furnace or heat pump and throughout the house through a series of air ducts. The air then enters various rooms throughout the house via air vents and registers.
• Pipes: Heated water travels from the boiler t hrough a system of pipes, distributing the heat.
The thermostat in your home is the main control for temperature regulation. The thermostat senses the temperature of the air in your home and then triggers either the furnace, boiler, or heat pump to begin distributing heat.
Call Air Comfort Solutions at (405) 721-3740 in Oklahoma City or at (918) 743-2300 in Tulsa.
- PROFESSIONAL HEATER REPAIR
- PILOT LIGHTS
- IRREGULAR HVAC HEATING
- NO FURNACE HEAT
- FURNACE TUNE-UP
- WINTERIZING YOUR HOME
- HVAC HEATING INSTALLATION
- HVAC GAS VS. ELECTRIC
- HOME HEATING TIPS
- GEOTHERMAL HVAC HEATING SYSTEMS
- COMMERCIAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- ENERGY EFFICIENT HEATING OPTIONS
- RADIANT HVAC HEATING SYSTEMS
- UNDERSTAND YOUR HVAC SYSTEM
- TRUSTWORTHY TECHNICIANS