Energy Efficient Heating
At Air Comfort Solutions, we are all about energy efficiency, and we know there are many different ways for your heating system to go green. The number one way you can make your heating system more efficient is to invest in a quality one, allow for preventative maintenance check-ups, and call reliable technicians in case of emergency. At Air Comfort Solutions we not only have an Energy Savings Agreement with our customers that helps promote green living, but we also do preventative maintenance check-ups and are available 7-days a week, in case of an emergency.
Other ways to improve your energy efficiency can be found below, but nothing beats a quality heating system.
HEATING AND AIR ALTERNATIVES: Space heaters
Using a space heater can be a great way to add heat to a room or small space and lower heating and air costs, helping to keep you warm. However, space heaters can also be dangerous when used improperly. Here are a few tips on how to practice space heater safety:
• Use the proper type of space heater. Space heaters in your home should either be vented or electric. Non-electric, unvented heaters can introduce carbon monoxide and other airborne contaminants into your home.
• Make sure your space heater has a label that indicates its safety features have been reviewed by a testing laboratory.
• Your space heater should be plugged directly into a wall outlet. Using an extension cord or power strip with your space heater could cause overheating.
• Keep space heaters away from busy areas in your home, where they can cause a tripping or fire hazard.
• Space heaters should be on flat, level surfaces, where they are less likely to tip over. Some units are equipped with switches that automatically turn the unit off if it tips over, which are a great way to protect against tip-over accidents.
• Never leave space heaters unattended, and always unplug and properly store them when they are not in use.
HEATING AND AIR ALTERNATIVES: Fireplace Efficiency
When the weather turns cold, cozying up by the fireplace is perfect for staying warm. However, without proper maintenance, fireplaces and chimneys can cause heat loss and a decrease in heating and air efficiency throughout your home. Here are some steps you can take to ensure your optimizing the efficiency of your fireplace and chimney:
Check the seals. If the seals around your fireplace damper aren't tight, heated air could be escaping through your chimney. Ensuring your fireplace is properly sealed is a simple step to reducing heat loss.
Close the damper when a fire is not burning. A fireplace damper that is always open can cause drafts to enter your home and heat to leave your home. An easy way to avoid this is to keep the fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning.
Insulate your chimney. After repeated use, a chimney can get coated with buildup, which decreases its efficiency. Insulation protects your chimney from corrosion and maximizes the efficiency of your chimney and fireplace.
Install tempered glass doors. By installing tempered glass doors, you can reduce the amount of heat that escapes from your home and up through your chimney.
CALL AIR COMFORT SOLUTIONS AT (405) 721-3740 IN OKLAHOMA CITY OR AT (918) 743-2300 IN TULSA.
- PROFESSIONAL HEATER REPAIR
- PILOT LIGHTS
- IRREGULAR HVAC HEATING
- NO FURNACE HEAT
- FURNACE TUNE-UP
- WINTERIZING YOUR HOME
- HVAC HEATING INSTALLATION
- HVAC GAS VS. ELECTRIC
- HOME HEATING TIPS
- GEOTHERMAL HVAC HEATING SYSTEMS
- COMMERCIAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- ENERGY EFFICIENT HEATING OPTIONS
- RADIANT HVAC HEATING SYSTEMS
- UNDERSTAND YOUR HVAC SYSTEM
- TRUSTWORTHY TECHNICIANS